The Clinical Change Leadership Group (CCLG) was established to bring together senior clinicians from across NHS Scotland, who are involved in eHealth, andwho provide clinical advice to the national eHealth Programme Board.
The group meets every second month and hold twice-yearly joint meetings with the eHealth IM&T leads to ensure that clinical priorities and IM&T strategy are aligned in NHS Boards.
At present, the group is jointly chaired by Jim Docherty, Consultant Surgeon in NHS Highland, Gordon Sim, eHealth Lead at NHS Borders and Jim Campbell, Clinical Director of eHealth at NHS Ayrshire and Arran. There is clinical representation from each of the NHS Scotland’s territorial Health Boards, Special Boards, SCIMPand Scottish Government Health Department.
The CCLG is establishing links to National Professional and Advisory groups across the UK as well as continuing to share knowledge and ideas with eHealth colleagues in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Following recent discussions it was agreed that CCLG should undertake the following objectives in 2011:
- Work with SGeHD to define the strategic aims, outcomes and measurement targets for the NHSS eHealth Strategy 2011-15, ensuring that the priorities of the wider clinical community are incorporated.
- Provide clinical representation and advice to eHealth programme governance groups, including the eHealth Programme Board, Clinical Portal Programme Board, Clinical Portfolio Management Group and Primary Care Portfolio Management Group
- Ensure that improved medication management remains a key activity to be supported through the new eHealth Strategy and its local delivery.
- Undertake engagement in relation to eHealth with a broad range of clinicians within Boards and with senior stakeholders, including Medical, Nursing and AHP Directors.
- Sponsor and support the review of the NHSS Document Indexing Standard and establishment of ongoing governance.
- Sponsor and support the development of a Clinical Information Presentation Standard for NHSS.
- Support development of inclusion/exclusion Read Codes lists from Primary Care IT systems
- Support development, consultation and publication of an NHSS Information Sharing Protocol, in collaboration with SGHD Information Governance Lead and NHSS Caldicott Guardians and Information Governance Community.
- Consider whether/how Boards may be supported in eHealth related clinical incident management. Option paper will be developed by subgroup.
Full details and timescales can be found in the document below.
See the documents below for details of the group’s objectives for previous years.
Other useful documents
Minutes of CCLG meetings
September 26th, 2011